Arena Maintanance Worker(s) – Job Opportunity
2 Positions Available – 1 Full-time and 1 Part-time
– Show up promptly for work between Fridays to Tuesdays from 3:00 pm – 11:00 pm
– Ability to perform manual tasks such as lifting and moving heavy objects and requesting assistance when required
– Mop and sweep floors, stairwells, dressing rooms and all other rooms in the facility on a daily basis
– Shovel and scrape ice/snow from all exits and entrances on a daily basis
– Must perform minor carpentry and plumbing, heating and operational systems of the Arena Facility and including Ice Plant Systems
– Report any electrical, plumbing, heating and system problems that need fixing
– Must enforce the no loitering and horsing around policy
– Must ensure all school children are out of the facility by no later than 9:00 pm on school nights
-Must do a physical check on all entrance doors and exits when locking up and closing at 11:00 pm.
– Must have experience to operate the Olympia Ice Resurfacer (Zamboni)
– Must maintain the ice playing surface in the best possible shape at all times and repair and maintain the ice playing kickboards and players benches and penalty box area
– Must have the Arena Ice Surface exhaust fans on before the Olympia Resurfacer (Zamboni) goes on the ice for each flood (Very important)
– Must enforce strictly the Helmet Safety Rule at all times
– Must enforce and follow the Arena Schedule and flood times identified in the Arena Schedule
– Must enforce the No-Smoking policy in the Arena and especially in the Olympia room where children are absolutely not allowed
If this position interests you, applications may be picked up at the front desk of the SL40 band office.
Deadline to apply: Tuesday, September 26, 2023 @ 4:00 PM
Start Date is Monday, October 2, 2023 @ 3:00pm
Click here for the original posting job posting.