The Hydro One Indigenous Relations Team has been informed that there is a necessary outage scheduled for Sunday, September 10, 2023, from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm (10 hours).
We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this can cause and wanted to provide advance notice of the outage. This outage is necessary to allow work crews to perform upgrades to electrical infrastructure in order to provide safe and reliable power to all customers.
Please note that all impacted customers also receive direct notification regarding this outage in advance.
We wanted to ensure you were aware of this interruption and provide some tips to help community members during this time:
- Make sure appliances and electronics such stoves, TVs, and computers are in the off position.
- Make sure cellphones and extended battery packs are fully charged.
- Keep refrigerator and freezer doors closed as much as possible. Use a cooler with ice for items you’ll need during the outage.
- If water services could be affected, fill jugs of water to use for drinking and cooking. Fill bathtubs to use the water to fill toilets for flushing.
- Contact the local nursing station for advice for the elderly and those with health issues.
- If you plan to use a generator, remember to use it in a dry area outdoors away from any open windows, doors and vents. Visit the Electrical Safety Authority at esasafe.com for more tips.